Monday, April 28, 2008

Am I not a human to you?

Okie.. lemme give a sneak peek of what I have to write about the stupid VP of this company. Yes I have been a very patient person when it comes to his ways. He is a very abusive person. He abuses me mentally. Not just me, but also the other staff that is in his “least favourite” list.

Tell me how you would feel if your boss no longer views you as a person. He sees you as a cash cow.

I used to bring in at least RM10,000 a week into the company (40hours x my cheapest chargeable rate RM250) . Since I got pregnant, my productive hours had decreased due to my human incapability. Now I have reached my 38th weeks and also with not much job in hand (I believe it’s sort of our short recession), I believed I bring in only about RM1,040 –RM2000 a week. The immediate director (master yoda) that I report to since day 1 think it is better that I relax most of the time and just help him with some ad-hoc task. He can’t give me some heavy task that might drag for the next few weeks or months because I’m DUE soon. He even told me to do some self-enrichment study when I have no job to work on.

So I did. I spent most of my hours reading books relevant to Construction Dispute, in which I believe would improve my skills and add my knowledge. With that I know I can contribute better.

Even more, everyone thinks it is no good for me and the baby to be building up stress at this stage. So no one wants to give me any heavy task to work on and since we are all in the same team, I really appreciate their thoughts for being so understanding.

But then the VP thinks differently. He thinks I can do such reading on my own time and not at the company’s expense. He thinks it is my fault that I have no job to work on. And.. he thinks if I really have nothing to work on, I should start to take my leave.

What the …..? (Fill in the blanks as desired)

When he speaks to me of this matter, he really knows on how to choose his words well. Each sentence could imply different meaning if other people hears it. But as for me, I know what he really meant.

He said he’s concerned if I am not able to meet my forecast target this year. What would the USA office thinks? (like duuh…everyone knows I won’t meet my forecast target set by the USA office this year, that is because I will be on maternity leave for 2months.)

He then wonders if I am interested in my career growth. Not meeting my target forecast, would mean I won’t be promoted, no increment and no bonus. (Double duuuh…where does this guy learn management benchmarking?)

Well whatever it is, this incident really fired me up to pursue my Masters degree in 2009. I will resign and “upgrade” my knowledge level, coming back as a new and improved me. Then we see if I wanna join this team ever again.

Anyway.. lemme make it clear, I’ve been staying here long enough because of Master Yoda. He is a master that no Padawan could ever betray.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
HACKED BY YOUR FUCKING LASER
BANGSAT-BANGSAT MALAYSIA, KALIAN MEMANG
GENERASI YANG BERMASALAH PRESTASI NOL
TAPI KESOMBONGAN LUAR BIASA
ULAH SUPORTER KALIAN YANG MAIN LASER
ADALAH CERMIN DARI SIFAT KALIAN YANG MEMALUKAN
BLOG INI DI HACK OLEH LASER HIJAU KALIAN YANG MENGGANGGU PEMAIN INDONESIA
FUCK YOU UP!!! son of a bitch