Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What made me feel so good today?

I made the person who made me happy, HAPPY!

10th May 2007, after I posted my blog on “Adults, learn from the children of what you have forgotten”, I decided to have a happy meal for lunch. The meal makes me happy and so, I decided to give the toy car (from my happy meal) to the boy, son of the street vendor.

The next morning on the way to work, I woke up 100%ly excited to meet the boy. I was really looking forward to give the toy to him. However, he was no where to be found. All I saw was the DBKL lorry. They must be hiding from the DBKL officers. Damn!

Everyday as I go by by the same route, anticipated to see the boy. But, he was no where within my sight. I was at the point convincing myself that the boy might actually be an angel. Yet, I keep on looking out, scanning through the crowd for that boy on the way to work.

Today I saw him. With enthusiasm I rush to him, not taking any chances that he might disappear from my sight.

When I approached him, he was simply still busy playing all by himself with 2 cylindrical paper roles. He must be imagining that he is a ninja or a robot. What a sweet child.

Then I called him and said “Adik, ni untuk adik”, and I put the toy car on the concrete apron. He looked at me with a confused face, and then gave me the most joyful smile I’ve ever seen. It almost made me cry. Then the guy beside him said “Cakap terima kasih, kakak”. The boy did not say a word; instead he became busy exploring his new toy. I just smile and walked away.

As I walked away, my eyes filled with tears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
HACKED BY YOUR FUCKING LASER
BANGSAT-BANGSAT MALAYSIA, KALIAN MEMANG
GENERASI YANG BERMASALAH PRESTASI NOL
TAPI KESOMBONGAN LUAR BIASA
ULAH SUPORTER KALIAN YANG MAIN LASER
ADALAH CERMIN DARI SIFAT KALIAN YANG MEMALUKAN
BLOG INI DI HACK OLEH LASER HIJAU KALIAN YANG MENGGANGGU PEMAIN INDONESIA
FUCK YOU UP!!! son of a bitch